2010 Fox Creek Rd Bloomington, IL 61701
EARLY APRIL HOURS:
Mon.-Fri. 8AM-7PM | Sat. 8AM-6PM | Sun. 9AM-6pm
LATTER PART OF APRIL HOURS:
Mon.-Fri. 8AM-8PM | Sat. 8AM-7PM | Sun. 8AM-6PM
LeRoy Store Hours:
Please call ahead for hours of operation.
Where You're More Than A Customer...You're A Friend!
After yet another challenging winter, it seems that spring has finally arrived. And if April showers arrive in a timely manner, as they usually do, we know that May will bring a bounty of beautiful blooming flowers for everyone to admire! But wait… there’s more! There will be fast-growing, healthy vegetables… hardy, fragrant roses… sturdy, leafy trees and shrubs, too. We, here at Niepagens, know that we have done our duty to ensure that those May flowers… and much more will arrive on schedule. Soon, our greenhouses will be brimming with flat after flat and pot after pot of wonderful, growing young plants. And very shortly, we will be unveiling them in front of all of you during our annual spring extravaganza… “Jump Into Spring” Open House on Saturday, April 25th! It’s going to be quite a show!
This event is going to be an awesome day for our customers! We’ve planned a day of fun and engaging activities, food, and of course, there will be lots and lots of flowers, veggies, perennials, trees and shrubs ready for you to browse and purchase! If you haven’t already been out to visit us this spring, you will see some very cool changes to our facilities and eye-catching displays in the Garden Center and beyond. Plus, we’ve added seven new faces to our “family”, all of whom are very enthusiastic about their work and serving our customers. You’ll find that their love of gardening is contagious! Here is some of what will be happening on that day:
Seminars for the Open House include:
• “Lee… How Do You Get Your Annuals to Look That Great?” (Presenter– Lee Niepagen)
• “Perennials for Any Area in Your Yard” (Presenter– Stephanie Huss from Bailey Nurseries®)
• “Trees and Shrubs to Fit Your Lifestyle” (Presenter– Stephanie Huss from Bailey Nurseries®)
• “Landscaping with Tropicals” (Presenter– Mark Sexton from Wendell Niepagen Greenhouses)
• “Veggie Gardening 101– Old Tricks for New Gardens” (Presenter– Kelly Rawlings from Wendell Niepagen Greenhouses)
• “Permiculture… What is It and How You Use It?” (Presenter– Kelly Rawlings from Wendell Niepagen Greenhouses)
• “Container Gardening… A New Take” (Presenter– Patrick Murphy– Curator of The Fell Arboretum and co-host of WGLT’s “Grow” Radio Program)
• “Pesticide-Free Gardening” (Presenter– Patrick Murphy)
Demonstration Booths: (Throughout the Day)
• Different Uses for Ball® Canning Jars
• DeWitt Tools® Demo
• Planting With Succulents
• Creating a Miniature Garden
• Bonide® Pest/Disease Identification Center
• Kid’s Planting Station
In addition to our much anticipated “plant premiere”, we are so excited to be showcasing our many new products, including Niepagen’s organically-grown vegetables; the stunning HGTV HOME® Plant Collection; fun and eye-catching succulent planters; and a wider selection of tropical plants for your warm weather enjoyment! Area garden clubs will be on hand that day to answer any questions you might have about their respective clubs. And, if you work up an appetite while walking from greenhouse to greenhouse, OttoDogs will be on the premises, selling hot dogs, brats, etc. throughout the day to satisfy any hunger pang.
Spring is here! So, plan on attending the one spring event that is guaranteed to put some “bounce in your step”– as you “Jump Into Spring” at Niepagens!
©2015 Wendell Niepagen Greenhouses & Garden Center